Are you winning the race in website traffic and engagement? According to a November 2014 poll by VCita, only 31% of small business owners were satisfied with the volume of new clients obtained through their websites.
That leaves 69% of small business owners in need of a serious digital overhaul. In this digital age, it is not enough to simply have a business website, your small business needs to commit to a digital work up and work out.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself in the race for digital optimization:
1) Is social media part of my marketing strategy? Am I focusing on sales and leaving relationship building behind? Today’s consumers are using social media. In fact, according to a recent Pew Research report, 52% of online adult users now use two or more social media sites; a significant increase from 42% of users in 2013. Your presence on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest etc. will make it easier for them to find you and for you to engage with them.
2) Is my website mobile-friendly? Check out your website with Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test to determine how user-friendly it is. Google will analyze your site and spit back a report. Check it now. In April Google will begin penalizing websites that aren’t mobile-friendly.
3) Would a paid search campaign benefit my business? Often referred to as pay-per-click or PPC, such a campaign doesn’t have to cost a lot. At $300.00 per month, the return could outweigh the price.
4) Is my business appearing in local searches? Google’s Pigeon update makes optimizing local searches more valuable than ever. Contact me for a FREE audit of your local listings status.
5) When was the last time I distributed a web release? Web releases are wonderful tools to use to not only promote new products and services, but to help boost your search rank with reputable incoming back links to your website.
6) How old is my current business video? People love to watch videos. If it’s been a while since you’ve posted a new video, now’s the time to consider it. Then post and optimize it on YouTube.
7) Are my keywords still performing well? Keywords are the muscle behind your digital strength. The keywords people use to find products and services can change. Have they changed for your business? Not sure? There are many free keyword building tools out there including Google AdWords Keyword Planner, Keyword Spy, and SEMRush.
Make a commitment to a serious digital workout for 2015. Hire an experienced content marketing writer and strategist. You don’t have to take on every aspect of your digital footprint today, but by starting with a strategy and a plan, you will stay ahead of your competition and secure a winning spot in the race for digital optimization.
Do you want help with your small business digital marketing? Contact me for answers.